Monday, December 19, 2011

4-Wheel Drive...

...is not 4-Wheel stop.

Hey, congrats on your shiny 4-Wheel Drive SUV. It's really nice. I bet that makes it much easier to get out of snowy parking lots. That must be nice. But, well, you are traveling at such a high rate of speed, and the road conditions are so poor that I have to tell you: 4-Wheel Drive does not help you to actually stop. I know this may come as a shock to you but all your fancy 4-Wheel Drive does is provide power to all four wheels when you hit the accelerator. When you brake, you will be facing the same low traction surface as the rest of us. The difference is, I am going at a reasonable rate of speed with plenty of assured clear distance, and you are driving like it's a warm summer day. Here is an illustration of your most likely destination:
You in a snow bank.
Ooh, it looks like your 4-Wheel drive isn't going to help get out of that. Remember: snow, ice, and rain all reduce your traction. So reduce your speed, or else I will murder you with my eyes as you pass me and then laugh merrily when I see you in a ditch a few miles later. Obviously you are a bad driver, but you are too dumb to hate...no, you know what, I still hate you.

3 comments:

  1. The picture is worth a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some oversized truck was tailgating me when the roads were a pure sheet of ice, I was going half the limit so I assume that made him really angry. No one was going any faster than that though, anything more and it's sliding time.

    So he was tailgating he, then sped up to pass me, giving me the finger. About 30 seconds after that he started spinning in circles and slowly drifted into the ditch.

    I smiled and continued on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that annoys me most is when people stay in in the fast lane but drive way below the speed limit. So basically you want to drive at the speed limit, but the slow lane is busy and moving somewhat slower than the speed limit. The fast lane looks empty up ahead, but there's some idiot at the front of a line of 10 cars doing 20mph below the speed limit and he's causing a build up of cars behind him that all want to pass him but can't. Of course he seems blissfully unaware that he is blocking everyone and never moves into the slow lane. So for 15 minutes you are stuck behind him until eventually the slow lane clears and you manage to drive past him* because the slow lane is now moving faster than the fast lane, all because of him. That drives me crazy. (*or her)

    ReplyDelete