Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yes, I also see the cop...

...but you weren't speeding, so why did you hit your brakes?

Seriously, the cop does not care that you are going the speed limit. It is called the speed limit because you are allowed to go up to that speed. In fact, you are generally encouraged to drive at precisely that speed. So why are you now going 10 miles under the speed limit? Is it to enrage me? I think it is. You want me to hate you don't you.

I should also point out that by the time you've seen the cop, the cop has also seen you. He or she has already decided if you are going to get the ticket. Sure, if you are actually speeding, slowing down might show the cop at least you respect their authority and that might make a difference, but you weren't actually speeding, were you?  Now I stuck behind you traveling absurdly slow, and we know that I hate that. So in short: You are a bad driver and I hate you.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the speed-commenting, but this one spoke to me too! I'm a cop in North Carolina, and I would put our bad drivers against any in the world.

    Every once in a while, when I get totally fed up with bad drivers slowing down all around me, I hop in the right lane and roll along at 15 under. As soon as a good driver works up the balls to blow my doors off (at or slightly above the speed limit), I speed up and move along.

    I already love this blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew cops got mad at people slowing down all around them. I'm glad that my suspicions have been confirmed (at least by one cop). Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete