Friday, December 30, 2011

Ah, yes...

I have to admit, I was worried there for a second. I just wasn't feeling the rage. I have written and abandoned many posts about why you are the worst, but none of them sounded sincere. I had lost my voice, perhaps forever. Then I took a four hour drive, and all the other drivers were courteous and not being generally annoying and I thought all was lost. I didn't hate you any more, and then where would I be? I was wrong to worry.

You, madame, you have brought it all back. The rage, it swelled inside and my voice was back. Because seriously: What. The. Crap. I get that you were annoyed that it was taking me a long time to turn left. That was made clear when you honked your horn, which, for the record: merely distracted me from the task at hand, i.e., turning safely. In my defense: the road was busy and while there may have been a couple of instances I could have safely turned, I was on holiday with my children and I wanted us all to return home safely. And then you decided that you had enough and swerved into the right-turn only lane and turned left at the same moment I had decided it was safe to turn and you almost hit me. Were I a lesser man I would tell you exactly what I thought of you in no uncertain terms. But I am the bigger man here, and I will only say I hope your license is revoked and you have to walk everywhere for the rest of your short miserable life and that nobody mourns your death. Because you are a bad driver and I hate you and would like to see you suffer.

1 comment: