Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why are you braking?

Argh. Why? Why are you braking? There aren't any cars in front of you, so you can't be worried about hitting them. There is no sign of the cops, and even if there was you weren't even speeding. That can't be why. There are no animals roaming along this particular highway that you have to slow down to avoid hitting. I don't see any debris in the road. This section of the road is straight, so you can't be slowing down to go through a turn. And finally, I am not tailgating you, so you aren't brake checking me. That right there is the complete list of reasons (and not all of them are good ones) to tap your brakes on the highway. None of these qualify in your case. So explain to me, why did you tap your brakes? What was going on in your mind when you removed your foot from the accelerator and onto the brake pedal? I need to know. You have now annoyed me in two ways. One, by slowing me down with your idiotic braking and two, by making me wonder about what goes on in that tiny little skull of yours. I think I've made it clear by now that I hate you, and I don't want to know anything about you. Why are you such a bad driver?

2 comments:

  1. On the interstate, I see people with a clear path brake when people in lanes beside them brake and I'm not tailgating them. Is this person unable to make simple judgements on their own or does their vision limit them to 10 feet of visibility? Can I pull them over and revoke their license?

    Perhaps you experience these events as well:
    - People don't know how to maintain speed while driving up hills. (I SHOULD MONITOR MY SPEED!?)
    - What's cruise control?
    - Interstate traffic moving 70-80MPH, driver goes 40MPH until the bottom of the on-ramp. WHAT'S "MERGING"!?

    I see this stuff daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two more reasons you see brake lights:

    1. faulty switch under the pedal. sometimes you see people going down the highway riding their brakes, but it's actually the switch. the pedal can also bounce on the switch if the spring gets weak, causing random brake lights.

    2. tapping the brakes to cancel the cruise control.

    ReplyDelete